Thursday, 4 June 2015

Not a Bad Photo

I've only been to two Vivid's (counting this year), but the experience this year was pretty fantastic. I'm honestly so glad that we organised to go with all our photography friends this year. To be honest, I had a lot of uncertainties about photographing Vivid. I had never really done landscapes before, and I didn't know what I was doing. But I decided to try it out, and I guess there were a couple that I didn't mind too much.

Still, what I appreciated most were the fantastic golden hour portraits, which I have a huge selection to choose from. My new D610 is absolutely incredible when it comes to sharpness and shooting on my new f1.4 was also such an incredible thrill. It's actually so hard to take a bad photo during golden hour.

 








This month is shaping up to be a good one for photography.
I realised that it's easy to let yourself get stuck in a rut, or start to lose faith in yourself, or lose perspective. When I started out in photography, I didn't think I was very good. A couple of months ago, I'd think that my photos were better than they were, but I didn't feel like I had improved. To be frank, I felt as though I was operating a point and shoot, because that's what I literally did - I pointed a camera and shot.

But to say that was all I did would be doing myself a disservice, because there are a myriad of things I might not have even realised I was considering. I was improving, but I just wasn't really noticing it and giving myself the credit I deserved. Don't lose perspective. Every bit of experience and practice we get adds up.

Have a good week guys, and take some time to appreciate yourself!
Powered by Blogger.