Thursday, 11 December 2014

,

Grid Cities (Part 1/2)



Thinking about it now, I don't really know what the best way to recall a holiday is. Whenever you think back to a holiday - at least this is the case for me - I imagine it as a blur of miscellaneous events, and not necessarily in order. That isn't to say that visiting Melbourne was a forgettable experience, but it's just that memory is kind of fickle. Memory isn't all that accurate. I can't tell you in absolute clarity and accuracy the details of what we did. In fact, when I caught up with some friends earlier today and tried to share with them my experience of Melbourne, I found myself not truly being able to communicate everything.

There's a limit to how much we can share, I guess.











 



During our visit to the NGV, I think I was reminded of my distant artistic interests. But truthfully, as much as I can regret, and long for - there is not enough time for listless musings and pseudo-midlife-crisis-depression. If you have regrets, force yourself into productivity. Either take back what you have lost or postponed, or forge onwards in a different direction. If you have abandoned your dreams for practicality, respect yourself enough to excel at the alternative life. And on goes the ruthless self-discipline.

Perhaps one day I will be my own Jedi master and write the self-help book to end all other self-help books.



 

The artist invited us to choose some words to pin. We chose words that we thought truly encapsulated our positions in life. #poorstudentlife











I figure I'll stop it here, before we go into some more exciting things next post.

Powered by Blogger.