Tuesday, 28 January 2014

USYD - City Wandering

It's the last day of the holidays and I'm feeling just mixed feelings right now. On one hand, I'm kind of looking forward to going back to school just so I can see all my friends again. Catch up and all. But summer holidays are honestly incredible and such a wonderful experience. Like it's so good to go out or just take time off to focus on important things (like hobbies and spending quality time with friends). Today I went out with Leo and it'll probably be the last time I'll see him in at least two weeks. I think we'll survive. We wandered around USYD campus first, admiring all the prettiness. It dawned on me that I probably won't end up studying there (although I was rather set on it earlier on) depending on what I end up wanting to do with my life. Big issues there haha.

And then we went on an extensive walk around places in city. It was nice to kind of walk around aimlessly. I guess when you're with somebody you love anything feels alright so long as you're with them. There was a lot of wandering in between QVB and the Galeries, which are all nice places I guess. We found a fluro green set of overalls at Topshop and I tried them on. They didn't look as bad as I expected, as it turned out. And once again, we didn't go to N2 ice cream. This is a running gag in our relationship oh dear. 

We got ice cream and gelato though, so I think that made up for it. Lemon gelato is our all-time cannot-ever-go-wrong flavour, and I'm so glad it exists. And we tried macadamia and caramel this time. It was surprisingly lovely. I was quite happy I went with that choice. $7 for two scoops is pricey, but quantity does usually pay for quality and this was not an exception. 
Nikon d5000, 35mm f1.8 | edited in PS CS2
Powered by Blogger.